Our future meets will not run like this one. The rest of the meets are a majority of individual events, and one or two swims as a part of a relay. The order of events will not change for the rest of the season. Typically swimmers (and parents) will sign up for events by 10 pm on Wednesday nights. Then, I will send out and publish heat sheets before the meet via the blog.
The following is how the meets will work in the future:
- When swimmers arrive, they will warm up in our predetermined lanes.
- We will have a quick team meeting and team cheer.
- Swimmers will learn to follow the meet and when a swimmer gets close to their event, they will get their event card from a coach.
- They will walk themselves to the bullpen for each event with their event card in hand.
- They will hand their card bullpen for final heat and lane assignment.
- When instructed, they will walk to their lane and hand the timer their event card.
- Get ready to swim!
- Go FAST!
- Once done with all of their events, swimmers may leave once they check out with a coach.
Please look for a blog post tomorrow to sign up for the meet on November 2 back at Reynolds Pool. You must sign up by 8pm on Wednesday night.